Friday, December 16, 2011

A Bittersweet Goodbye

As my time in Rome comes to a close, I thought I should wrap up my blog with one last look back on the last four months. With that being said, I have done far too much to wrap it all up succinctly, so I thought that, instead, I would touch on some highlights.

Favorite place I've visited in Italy:
Venice



Favorite trip:
A tie between Paris and Praha.





Most authentic Italian experience:
Easy - Naples, the first time, hands down.



Favorite gelateria:
Chicken-Hut, it's just so close and filled with too many good memories with great friends!!



Favorite Italian food:
Pizza!!



Favorite place in Rome:
Another tie, this time between the Pantheon and the Vatican. The Pantheon is so close, quintessentially Italian, and one of the many monuments that Rome is known for. And Vatican City is just incredibly cool and peaceful, at least when it isn't completely overrun with tourists. 





Best/favorite thing about Rome:
You don't have to look very far to find something historic.



Favorite thing I've done in Rome:
Getting lost in the city.



Favorite memory of my time in Rome:
Too hard to pinpoint one thing, so I'll have to say all the amazing opportunities and fun with good friends - all of it!!



Thing I like the most about Rome:
The juxtaposition of ancient and modern that is Rome.



Thing I dislike the most about Rome:
Going to have to go with a tie between the constant cloud of cigarette smoke and inordinate amount of feces all over the city.



Most profound experience:
The Holy See and St. Peter's tomb



One thing I've learned:
Time is most definitely not money in Italy.



Still makes me laugh:
Tie between Tom and I:

Me: "Hey, you speak English!!" Not so bad when you're caught off guard, not incredibly brilliant when said to a known American. It is worth noting that it is still up for debate whether I actually said English or American.



Tom: (Upon answering the phone) "You don't sound sexy..." (click) Halloween was a rough night for some.



I'll miss the most:
First and foremost, my friends!! Coming in with a tie for second would be the food and Europe in general.



No comments:

Post a Comment